Monday, June 22, 2009

"The Girls" are here!

Today was finally the day to go pick up "the girls"! I woke Brody up at 6 am and told him it was time to go get Erin, Sydney, and Taya. He jumped out of bed, ran to the bathroom, and then ran back to his room to get dressed. Barrett spent the night with Daddy Steve & Namaw last night, so it was just me and Brody driving to Oklahoma City to meet Dwayne and the girls.
Everyone was excited to arrive in OKC. Sydney took shotgun while Erin and Taya rode in the back with Brody. I was a little surprised when they all fell asleep and slept for almost 2 hours!
We stopped to pick up Barrett and then headed home. Any guesses at what everyone wanted to do? SWIM!!! They practically ran thru a tour of the house and then jumped into their swimsuits. Barrett started out in the baby pool that was in the shade.
The other 4 kids realized that they could ALL fit in the other baby pool!
Erin, Sydney, Brody, and Taya
The baby pool didn't last long. They jumped in the big pool and immediately started talking about how warm the water is. Our pool gets a LOT of sun during the day, so it stays nice and warm.
Barrett was happy they everyone got out of his big baby pool!
We spent close to 1.5 hrs swimming and then it was time to get ready for VBS. From the talk in the car after VBS was over, I think the girls really enjoyed it! They did mention several times that our church in TX is a lot bigger than our church in KS.
I know this picture isn't the best quality (don't know where those spots came from), but it was just too sweet not to post! I peeked in the media room after I got the boys to bed and found the girls having a Bible study. They weren't just reading a verse to each other...they were in deep discussion over the meaning of the verses they were reading. It was so awesome! I was so proud of them and overjoyed with their enthusiasm for understanding God's word. I can only imagine the joy their parents feel!

Before I left their room, Sydney said, "I still can't believe that I'm really here! It's like I'm in a dream!" Erin said, "Well if it's a dream...it's a sweet one!"

It's time for me to go to bed too. I need to get some rest for another day of fun tomorrow!

6 comments:

suzspeaks said...

How fun! I love that they were studying! Our vbs starts tomorrow...Jax is so excited!

Wendi said...

That looks like a lot of fun! The media room is perfect for them. See you tomorrow night.

Ann Hastings said...

It looks like a fun start to their week here! I can't wait to see them on Saturday :)

Jamie said...

Awesome post. How sweet. Have a super week!

Steve and Joan said...

I wish I was able to be there to see the girls!

I know Brody and Barrett are having fun with them.

By the way Staci, the first photo in this post made me say "I sure do have a beautiful daughter!"

I love you!

Dad

Teri said...

OK, I thought you'd be too busy to blog (silly me!) Thank you for posting these, this last part made me cry! Precious girls! So glad they are having fun!!!!!