Saturday, June 27, 2009

ONE!

Really?

Is my little boy really one year old?!?

It's so hard to believe that it's been a year since we were at the hospital meeting our precious son for the first time. A whole year since Brody was the only little feet we heard running around our house. Barrett has brought us so much joy in the first year of his life. He is such a happy little boy and loves to laugh. He is starting to try to imitate all the silly things that Brody does to make Barrett laugh...and when he succeeds at them...it makes him laugh even harder! He loves swimming and playing in the baby pool. He's already starting going under water and blowing bubbles (without any prompting)! Barrett's definitely still a light weight (we'll see how light at his next dr's appt) and seems to have a small appetite. He loves being outside and loves riding in the backpack while Daddy mows. Currently the only thing that causes him to be sad is when I put him down and leave the room. He is still in the "mama's boy" phase and he doesn't like me to get too far outta sight. I love the fact that he loves me and trusts me so much (although it would be nice if he'd love the nursery workers at church too!) Even though it can be tiring, I love how he clings to my arm and puts his head on my shoulder. I love how he likes to lean his forehead against mine, look into my eyes, and laugh! I love his hugs and kisses! I just love him to pieces!

It has been an amazing first year with our precious little boy. I can't wait experience the adventures that this next year will hold! I love you Barrett!

4 comments:

Namaw said...

Happy Birthday Barrett! I am so glad that you were born!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Barrett!

Ann Hastings said...

Happy Birthday Barrett- you're such a sweet boy and I can't wait to see the wonderful things God has planned for you! I loved celebrating your birthday with you!

MerrittTimes said...

Ahhh- One already. Happy Birthday Barrett.