Monday, June 29, 2009

Goodbye

The day finally arrived. Today we had to let "the girls" and Grammy go back to Kansas. We got one more session of swimming in this morning and then Sydney read to the other kids while Grammy got some lunch for us.


The dreaded moment came after we finished lunch (and polished off the rest of the birthday cake). Taya, Erin, and Sydney telling Brody bye.


After they left we headed to Daddy Steve & Namaw's to go to work. Brody asked lots of questions about when we'd see the girls and Grammy again. When we were about half way there I looked back and noticed that he was on the brink of tears. I asked if he was ok and a tear rolled down his cheek as he shook his head "no". I said, "Are you sad?" He shook his head "yes". I said, "Is it because the girls went home?" He shook his head "yes" and started bawling!


He cried all the way to work and for 20 or 30 minutes after we got there! I don't think that he stopped crying until he fell asleep. When he woke up from his nap he told me that he was still sad :(

Brody wasn't the only one sad today. Barrett has TWO top teeth trying to come thru. He's had a fever of 100 to 102.5 and is miserable!!! My usually smiley little boy looked like this all afternoon (whenever he wasn't crying that is).



Thank you to Chris & Teri and Dwayne & Rene for allowing your girls to come spend the week with us. They are "sweet girls" (as Brody called them) and we enjoyed every moment we had with them!

6 comments:

Joan said...

Goodbye Girls! You are a delight to be with and I will look forward to the next time we get to see you.

Steve and Joan said...

"The Girls" are gone and Brody is sad. He's only 2 and already affected by girls ;-)

Poor Barrett was burning up yesterday. I hope his teeth feel better this morning.

Daddy Steve

Ann Hastings said...

Poor Brody- he's even cute when he cries though ;)
That picutre of Barrett is too cute... give him an extra hug for me!

Cousin Julie said...

Barrett looks so cute and pitiful all at the same time! Please relay to the girls' parents how much my girls enjoyed playing with them. They were so sweet!

Teri said...

Erin had a great time, thank YOU and MIKE for having them!

Nancy said...

Time going home was much faster than usual thanks to having the
girls with me - they were a joy!!