Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Out of Order

When Brody was 10 1/2 months old he started taking his first steps. He'd pull up on the couch or coffee table and then venture a step or two away before he'd fall to the floor. Then he'd crawl back to something, pull up, and try again. It wasn't until after his 1st birthday that he learned how to stand up without pulling up on something.

Barrett seems to have things out of order. He has yet to take a step, but for almost a month now he's been standing up all by himself in the middle of the room. He'll stick his bottom in the air and then slowly stand up (even carrying toys with him as he stands up). He's now able to stand up in the middle of the room for a full minute...or until he decides he wants to plop back down. I guess each kid takes a different route to the same goal.

Barrett assuming the "I'm about to stand up" position.

"See! I can do it all by myself!"

"You want me to take a step now? I don't think so! Crawling is WAY faster!"

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

They say each kid is different, I guess that's true :) We're so proud of him for being able to stand up by himself already!!!

Anonymous said...

He is growing up too fast!!!
Love,
Gmommy

Steve and Joan said...

It is so much fun to watch him stand up. It makes me smile every time and I am very proud of Barrett... almost as proud as he is.

Daddy Steve

Amy said...

That is so cute to see him standing. Such a big boy!