Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Friday!

An exciting event is coming up at our house. We're going to have some very special visitors. On the 22nd Brody and I are going to make an early morning trip to OKC to pick up 2 sixth grade and 1 fourth grade girl! We're not picking up strangers...these are the daughters of some of our best friends in Kansas! Erin (Chris & Teri's daughter) and Sydney & Taya (2 of Dwayne & Rene's daughters) are going to come spend the week with us in Texas! They'll get to go to VBS at our church that week along with a few other fun things. In addition to the girls, Grammy will be coming to town late that Thursday night and will stay thru Monday (the girls will ride back to KS with her)!

Brody overheard me and Daddy Steve discussing these plans and ever since then he wakes up each morning, runs into the living room, and asks, "Are we going to Oklahoma City today?" To help him understand exactly how far away all these plans are, we made a calendar for the fridge (yes, I know what day it is today...this pic was taken a few days ago).


Thankfully this has been helping the constant "are we going today?" questions that I was getting all day every day.

This morning as soon as he found out that today isn't OKC day, he asked what day of the week it was. When I told him it's Friday he said, "Is it Daddy Steve's Friday off work?" I told him I wasn't sure. He informed me that he needed to call and see (it was 6:30 am) to which I responded that he'd have to wait until at least 7:30 (my computer clock says 7:32...good thing he can't tell time yet! lol) I asked what's so great about Daddy Steve's Friday off work? Brody said, "That means he can play A LOT with me! Also, sometimes we do really fun things on his day off work!" Guess I better post this so I can make good on my promise of letting him call (he just said, "I'm ready to go to Daddy Steve's right now. Can you just feed Barrett there when he wakes up?)

4 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Brody, can you play?

Daddy Steve

Ann Hastings said...

That's too cute... I love that Brody looks forward to Daddy Steve's day off :)

Chris said...

That "How many days until" calander has gotten a lot of use at this house too.

Teri said...

Erin is counting down too, I'm surprised at how I'm kind of nervous. I'll reallllly miss not having her here! (but it's good for both of us!) She is totally excited!