Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lunch with GG & Sissie

On Wednesday the boys and I went with Namaw to eat lunch at GG's. Julie and her kids met us there. It's always a crazy lunch when we're all there. It's probably sensory overload for GG and Sissie! I know it is for me! Barrett's schedule was off that day and he was SUPER fussy at lunch time. He's still going thru an eternal attachment phase! He doesn't want anyone else to hold him. It's nice being loved, but I'd like for him to be ok with other people holding him too!

Sissie and GG look on as Katelyn shows Brody how to draw.
Brody and Collin entertained themselves looking for animals out the window. They found it hilarious that there weren't any lions, bears, hippos, etc outside the window and we heard them laughing until they were crying while we were eating.

Lauren did a great job of keeping Barrett happy. He actually let her carry him a few times! Here they were sitting on the bench outside of GG's retirement home.

The kids were disappointed that the management didn't want pennies being thrown into the fish pond anymore (they were told that it's bad for the fish). I think the boys would've been perfectly happy if we would just let them get in the pond!

I just realized that most of my pictures of the boys from that day are from their backside! Just goes to show that toddlers are always on the move!

4 comments:

GG said...

All my greats are so precious to me. I am always so happy when I get to see them. I just need more ways to entertain them--I need a playroom like Jan and Ron. At least they enjoy our beautiful fountain.

Mom said...

It was fun watching all of the kids together.

Steve and Joan said...

Lauren looks so grown up in the photo with Barrett!

Steve

Cousin Julie said...

Thanks for the great pictures! Would you mind uploading them so that I could get copies? I never remember my camera... We had fun with you guys, and can't wait to get the kids together again!