Friday, June 26, 2009

Cows and Chickens

This morning I had lots of prep to do for Barrett's birthday party tomorrow. Of course, the kids were wanting to swim. So Namaw came over and watched them swim while I ran some errands. It was much easier to run the errands by myself than with five kids!

When I got back we put to use the Chick-fil-a coupons they had received at VBS. The girls were really excited to go eat at Chick-fil-a since they'd never eaten at one before. The loved the food and Brody and Taya loved the indoor playground. Erin & Sydney lamented over the fact that they were too tall to play on the playground. Believe it or not, I left my camera at home and had to capture a picture of them with the cow on my camera phone. {For those of you that live in KS and haven't heard of Chick-fil-a...the cows are the main advertisers for the restaurant with the slogan "Eat Mor Chickin'"}

The girls spent the afternoon swimming, watching a movie, and playing Monopoly. Nancy, Angela, and Jayden showed up during the afternoon and helped me with a lot of the kitchen prep for Barrett's party tomorrow. Of course, after dinner everyone went swimming. Look how cute little Jayden was in the baby pool!

Here are Taya and Sydney getting to a stopping point in their Monopoly game so that they could go to bed.

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I am glad you were able to run your errands today :) Yay for Chick Fil A!!!

Teri said...

Oh I thought it was a Chick fillet which they have in Hutch, I think. Cute cow!