Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lukewarm

Each of us has our own little quirks. Our son, Brody, has a rather interesting one.

Brody has never really enjoyed ingesting things that are cold. He likes his food and his drinks warm (with the exception of ice cream). He drinks "hot chocolate" (warm milk with carnation instant breakfast) every morning with his breakfast. He even prefers his water warm! At first I wondered if his teeth were sensitive, but he says they don't hurt (and he'd tell me if they did).

Today he asked for a popsicle. Can you guess what the catch was? Yep. He didn't want it cold! Daddy Steve and Namaw have some otter pops (at least that's what they were called when we were kids) in their freezer. Brody ate part of one and then wanted to wait for it to melt and drink the juice (which was just making a HUGE mess). My solution? I went and got one of the popsicles that had not been put in the freezer yet. I poured it into a cup and then everyone was happy! Brody got to "eat a popsicle" (if you can really call it that) and I was happy because he wasn't making a big, sticky mess anymore!

I sure hope he grows out of this.
Can you imagine summers in Texas eating lukewarm popsicles?!?!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's funny! I have texture issues, and I dno't like hot foods that come in bowls, ie. soup, stew, chili, or malt-o-meal. I also don't like crunchy foods mixed with mushy food, like celery in potato salad. I have LOTS of weird food issues.

Jenny Rizer said...

That's hilarious! Preston is the opposite lately...he likes everything cold like cold pizza, cold chicken, cold hot dogs, etc. Yuck!

RaeAnn said...

Silly boy!

Jamie said...

LOL!!! I'm trying to imagine drinking it! Well I'm glad he appreciates a good bowl of ice cream!

Ann Hastings said...

That's halarious, I have never head of someone wanting a warm (melted) popsicle!!! :)