Thursday, June 11, 2009

End of Debate

My brothers have been debating for years on a single topic. Who's taller? Caleb (the older brother) or Tyler (the younger brother)? I don't know that Brody has ever taken part in one of those conversations, however, out of the blue this morning Brody announced, "Did you know that Caleb is taller than Tyler?" It was a very random thought. I think that Tyler is actually taller...but the 1/2 or so difference is probably hard to differentiate when you're only 3 feet tall.

_____
Brody has been asking some deep questions lately. Last night he asked, "What is under your hair...inside your head?" I told him it was his brain. Which of course led to, "What's a brain? Can you please show me a picture?" It's so fun to live in the digital age! We did a google image search and found some pretty cool/gross pictures of brains. Of course just seeing the brain didn't suffice. He had to know, "What does it do? How does it work?" I did my best to explain in a way that a 2 1/2 year old would understand.

This morning he asked, "What do we do while we're on Earth?" I was a bit taken aback by this question. I told him that we work, we tell people about Jesus, we spend time together as a family. When I asked him what else we do he said, "Play. Go to Daddy Steve's to work. Swim..." Then I said, "If we weren't on Earth, where would we be?" His response? "Well...if you believe in Jesus then you'll be in Heaven!"

5 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Haha- next time Tyler see's Brody- he'll have to set him straight ;)

Steve and Joan said...

I bet Brody's brain works better than most people's do! It's fun talking to him.

It won't be long before Barrett is standing up on his own. That is so much fun to watch his determination to stand up without holding on to anything.

Daddy Steve

raeann said...

He's such a smart little boy!

Jamie said...

that is precious. i agree- he seems very smart!

GG said...

Staci you and Mike do a wonderful job answering Brody's questions. Hope he does not ask me any that complicated. What a mind that child has,