Wednesday, August 30, 2006

No longer a newborn

Brody has gone from a newborn to a little boy! Monday I changed his diaper before we left for the dr and his circumcision bell fell off! (I didn't take a picture...sorry!) Last night the last part of his newborness went away...the cord. It has been barely hanging on for days but the dr warned not to pull it off or it would bleed and we'd feel bad. I was laying on the couch and Mike was on the floor playing with Brody when suddenly Mike said, "YES!!!!" and held something up in the air. Somehow he'd played with the cord enough that he got it to come of (without bleeding). Here's a picture of the stump of the cord after it fell off...

Here's Brody without a cord on his belly!!! He took after both of us and has an inney (have you ever tried to spell that?!?!? Is it a real word?) belly button :)


Here's a picture Mike took of me and Brody. I was trying to keep Brody awake. I'm not as good at that job as Mike is. I tend to snooze when he lays his head down!
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea... Brody is a real boy now...

look at those little legs, oh how I miss Jaxon's little legs... It makes me sad looking at Brody (at least he's super cute!!)

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! It is always so wonderful when those things fall off. Now he can have a tub bath. More fun!! Congrats Brody!

Anonymous said...

Should I go shopping for tub toys?
Love, Mom

Shauna said...

Ok - I have ben without my computer for way too long - I had to read through about 10 posts on your page!!! I have missed my baby Brody fixes! Taking a nap with you baby is the best thing ever!

Shauna said...

Ok - I have ben without my computer for way too long - I had to read through about 10 posts on your page!!! I have missed my baby Brody fixes! Taking a nap with you baby is the best thing ever!