Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Dreams

Those of you who have been pregnant will understand how I'm feeling right now. I'm am utterly exhausted! As I'm sitting here at work all I can think about is how many more hours I have until I can go home and curl up on the couch. I'll have to be sure and put a blanket on top of the couch pillow because I'm so tired I KNOW that I'll drool ;) (At least I still have a sense of humor...right?)

Last night my legs were aching and my hips were hurting as I was drifting off to sleep. I guess it affected my subconscious. I had a dream that I went into labor. I forgot to call anyone at work so the gym didn't get opened and all the members were mad at me. Now that doesn't seem like too weird of a dream...right? The weird part is that all of my contractions were in my legs. My dr. kept telling Mike that he needed to be rubbing my legs to help with the contraction pain. We were supposed to meet her at the hospital when the contractions in my legs were so bad that I couldn't walk. Dreams! I can tell right now that you're ready for me to get off work so I can go home and have another crazy one :) LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you that your dream might not just be a dream. Both of my labors were very different. Koby's was looong (22.5 hrs.), but Ethan's was PAINFUL (5.5 hrs.). The reason for the pain was due to the fact that Ethan was laying on some nerves. As a result, I didn't feel typical contractions. What I felt were incredible hamstring cramps! Every minute or so, my leg would experience an enormous pain that no drug could tame. We finally figured out that each pain was showing up as a contraction. So don't pass yourself off as crazy -- it could really happen.

7 years!!! I remember your wedding like it was yesterday. I thought then and still feel that yours was one of the most beautiful unions I had ever encountered. You two are soulmates! May God continue to bless you.

p.s. I'm working on sending Becky some more recent pictures of my boys (I hope she'll upload them for me). They're 13 and 9 now! Watch out, it will happen to you!

Shauna said...

The pregnancy dreams are definitely out there sometimes. Any day now Staci...any day!!!

Unknown said...

Pregnancy dreams are so vivid and crazy! I remember dreaming about whatever it was that I was doing or watching right before I went to bed. For example, if I watched Monk, I became an obsessive-compulsive detective, etc. Crazy!

Sorry about your legs and hips aching. I remember that feeling all too well, but it will all be worth it in the end when you see your little man!