Friday, August 04, 2006

I Knew It!

Do you remember the sleepless night that I had a while back that was made even worse by the grasshopper in my trash can? I had trouble sleeping thinking that it was gonna jump out of there and attack me! Well....last night it happened! I knew they were after me!

I wake up to feel something crawling on my face. It was on my cheek just under my left eye. I reached up for it and felt a grasshopper! Of course I flipped out a little bit trying to get rid of this killer bug. Imagine the waves that a whale would cause if it flipped out....well I must have made those waves in the bed because Mike woke up in a panic asking what was wrong. When I told him there was a grasshopper on my face he just laid back down. I was feeling around in the bed (in the dark) to see if it was still in bed with me. Finally I felt comfortable laying back down. This time I turned towards Mike in the bed. Just as I was about to put my hand under my pillow I felt the grasshopper! I guess this time Mike realized he needed to turn the light on so we could get this monster out of our bed. By the time he turned the light on it was gone and we were both awake enough we had to get up and go to the bathroom.

I don't think Mike actually believes that there was a bug in the bed. By his reaction...I'm guessing he thinks it was just my imagination. But I know the truth. Until the first freeze...I won't be safe. I'll have to watch my back every night to make sure I can fend off the attack of the killer grasshoppers!

4 comments:

RyAnn said...

Yuck! I hate bugs! I would not have been able to go back to sleep.

Anonymous said...

The lizards have been scheming with the grasshoppers. They are all out to get us!

Anonymous said...

Staci, I always enjoy your Blogs. The grasshoppers are just an example of what a little boy will have in his pockets; such as frogs. So maybe you are just being prepared for what is to come.

Unknown said...

Yuck! I just moved to Galveston, which, I hear is running rampant with roaches, and I swear one chased me in the garage the other day. It I found one on my face, I may never sleep again.

So, you are 38 weeks pregnant with a baby boy? How fun and exciting. Be prepared to be peed on! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy! What are you naming him?