Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WOW! What a day!!!

Today has been an amazing birthday...possibly the best ever! 

I started off my morning with a great workout at the gym.  Elly, the instructor, told everyone I was turning 22 rather than 32! lol.  Nice thought...but I like 32.  Life is good at 32!

Mike made me a delicious cup of caramel macchito before he left for work and then when the boys got up we went to get donuts.  We got some for Daddy Steve and Namaw too and took them back to their house to eat before school.  The donut lady thought the boys were so sweet, so she threw some extra donuts in their bags.  Just look at Barrett's plate!  CRAZY!  Needless to say, he didn't finish them all.

After I dropped the boys off at school I used my "happy birthday from Starbucks" card to get a free venti Caramel Macchito (yes...that's a lot of yummy goodness in one day...but it was my birthday so it was ok!)  Namaw hung a "Happy Birthday" banner in my office and they picked up a special lunch for us to enjoy.

After school Brody spent some time at GG's while Barrett napped and I worked on my blog.  I got a lot of blog entries made!  When Brody got home from GG's he said he had something he wanted to give me.  He said he was thinking about me while he was only the playground today and he filled his pockets with pretty rocks from the playground that he wanted to give me since it's my birthday.  So sweet!  I put them in the plant by the kitchen sink so that I'll see them every day and think of his love for me :)

Mike came home from work with lots of goodies!  He brought some beautiful flowers....
and he also brought dinner!  He picked up pizza, salads, and dessert from a place called Fireside Pies.  WOW!  They were soooooo good!  I bet I could've eaten an entire pizza by myself it was so good!  After dinner the boys and Mike came out of our room with a big gift bag for me to open.  They got me some neat books from Christian Research Institute...but there was something else in the bottom of the bag.
 
I wish you could've seen my face when I pulled out the box at the bottom of the bag! I was in SHOCK when I saw that Mike got me a Canon 580EX II speedlight (flash)!!!  I think my exact words were, "WHAT?!?  Did you really get me this flash?!?  Are you serious?!?  Is that's what's in this box or is it just a trick?!?"  lol!  Mike had the biggest dimples on his face as smiled ear to ear watching my giddy childlike excitement over a flash!  I had a smile on my face the rest of the night!  I tried some test shots and it's amazing the difference a good flash makes!  I can't wait to learn all about it so I can get some good indoor pictures too!  I can also use it to enhance outdoor photography.  The possibilities are endless...

6 comments:

Paula said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Mom said...

I am glad you had a good birthday! I love you!

Leave It To Davis said...

There is ALWAYS a smile on your face when I see you.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great day!
Audria

Ann Hastings said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Love you!

Ginger said...

Glad you had a wonderful b-day!