Saturday, January 14, 2012

Date with little b

This afternoon Mike and Caleb took Brody to a gun show with them.  They were going to be gone during Barrett's nap time, so I needed to come up with some way to distract Barrett while they left.  I decided to ask Barrett to go on a date with me!  He was sooooo excited about it (which made my heart very happy)!

He didn't care that we were just going to Schlotzsky's for lunch...it was a date with his momma and that was all that mattered!
We had a fun time together eating and talking.  I found out that he wants to be a fireman when he grows up ("I'll put out any fires you have at your house!" he told me) and that he plans to drive a firetruck as his only source of transportation.  He said that he'll blare the sirens all the time (even when he's just going to the grocery store).  He also told me that he wants to have 100 kids.  "A girl with blue eyes, a boy with blue eyes, and a boy in the middle with brown eyes."  (Might need to work on math...if I'm adding correctly that's only 3 kids not 100! lol)  I asked what he was going to name them and he said, "George.  You know....like the monkey?"  I said, "If you name them all George how will you tell them apart?"  He said, "There will be Tall George, Medium George, and Short George!"  Ah!  Of course!  I don't know why I didn't think of that myself! 
I love spending time with my boys.  I look forward to many more dates together...and many more talks of future plans!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

How sweet!!! Precious time spent with a precious boy.

Ginger said...

I LOVE the name George...bet you know why...George Strait! :-)

Leave It To Davis said...

It's a good thing he wants to be a fireman since you can't be trusted with candles! lol

Steve said...

You are a great mommy! I know how Barrett feels because I really enjoyed my last date with you!

Dad