Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcome 2012!

I feel like the first blog post of 2012 should be a post of significance.  It will be the first post you read in my 2012 blog book (even if I'm actually writing this on January 17th and just backdating it January 1st.  I've been too busy finishing blog posts from our end of year trip to Arkansas and am now finally able to start posting stuff about this year!)

However, I really don't have an insightful post for you right now!  Instead of putting off starting my blog for 2012 until I think of something deep and meaningful....I'll just let you know how this year began for our little family.

As hard as Mike and I tried to stay up until midnight last night....it just wasn't gonna happen.  We were happy to watch the ball drop at 11 pm (New York's midnight) and then we fell asleep.  We were tired from driving home from Arkansas.  The unpacking and laundry had already begun.

I can't forget to mention the WONDERFUL surprise we found when we arrived home from Arkansas!  When we left, Grammy was still at our house.  She hadn't been feeling well, so we told her to stay as long as she wanted.  I guess she started feeling better before she left because not only was our entire house clean (the sheets on the boys' beds had even been washed)....but she had put all of our Christmas decorations away!!!!  That's not a small task!  We couldn't think her enough for the gift of coming home to a clean house!  Instead of putting away Christmas stuff and cleaning house today, we were able to relax and enjoy our time together as a family!  In case we haven't said it enough....THANK YOU GRAMMY!!!!

Mike woke up this morning and felt like his head cold had moved to his chest.  Since he'll be leaving on Tuesday for a business trip (through Saturday night), he spent today resting and trying to get well.  He was very disappointed that he wasn't able to go with me and the boys to Billy & Paula Rhodes house for our annual New Year's Day dinner.

The boys and I had so much fun at dinner with the entire Rhodes/Hastings clan.  Paula made some delicious shrimp and we had lots of fixin's to go with the shrimp.  There was a Cowboys game on that the guys watched while the girls spent our time talking and playing with the babies.  It was a wonderful way to ring in 2012. 

I wonder what God has in store for us this year?.........

No comments: