Friday, January 27, 2012

A Daddy's Love

This morning Brody woke up before Mike left for work.  He walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes and reached up for Mike to hold him.  Even though Brody's getting pretty big to pick up and hold, Mike picked him up and held him as Brody wrapped his arms tightly around Mike's neck.  Brody and I walked with Mike out to the Jeep and then Brody stood there waving bye until we couldn't see the Jeep any more.

When we walked back inside the house, Barrett was walking out of his room rubbing his sleepy eyes.  I picked him up and held him as Brody told Barrett, "You just missed Daddy...but he said to give you a hug from him!" Then Brody gave Barrett a big hug.  I went to the kitchen and texted Mike, "Guess who was up when we went back inside?  You just missed Barrett :( "

He texted back, "I'm coming back!"

Barrett was so excited!  We stood by the door watching for the Jeep and then ran outside to meet Mike.  He got out of the Jeep and bent down with his arms open wide.  Barrett reached for him and then wrapped his arms around his neck.  It made my heart happy to see how much Mike loves our boys.  He turned around and came back home just so he could get a hug from his son.  So precious!

5 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Okay, that made me cry. That has got to be the sweetest act of love I have ever heard. You win "Daddy of the Year" award, Mike.

Ginger said...

At times it's just so hard to resist those sweet little people. :-) Good job Mike!

Mom said...

Made me cry too! Mike you are such a good daddy!

Beth said...

I am coming to visit you from leave it to Davis.

This is a beautiful post What a wonderful daddy!

Jill Graves said...

This totally made me cry!! Love what you wrote!