Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane

Mike left this morning for a business trip and won't be back until Saturday night.  After snacks, baths, and our devotional, the boys requested John Denver for their bedtime music.  I went to my closet to turn it on (where the surrounds system cd player is located) and by the time I got back to their hall I could hear sobbing from both rooms!  What in the world?!?  I went into Brody's room first and he told me (thru his tears) that the song was making him miss Daddy.  It was Leaving on a Jet Plane.  I guess his "DADDY!!!!" cries had carried through the walls to Barrett's room...which caused Barrett to remember that Daddy was gone and opened the floodgates for his tears too!  On nights like this I give the boys extra hugs and kisses and thank God that I'm married to a man that is such an amazing father that his boys' hearts break when he's gone on a trip!  I'm good at putting on a happy face around the boys...but I really miss my hubby too!

2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

That song makes me cry too. I loved John Denver!

Lauren said...

That is soooo sweet!