Friday, January 06, 2012

Kids Club

Monday through Thursday I go to the gym at 5:30 in the morning.  On Fridays, I wait and go later so I can go to RIPPED (8:30 am) and Nike Training Club (9:30 am).  The boys love going to the gym with me on Fridays and one of the big reasons is a Kids Club worker named Garrett.  He's in his 20's and is going to school to be an EMT/firefighter (although the other day he told Brody that he might go into the military before he gets a job as a firefighter).  He is so good with the kids.  The boys love having a guy in the Kids Club to play ball with, draw pictures of baseball diamonds with, and talk about guy stuff.  This morning the boys really wanted to take their Christmas presents to show Garrett.  Brody and Garrett talk sports a lot, so he knew that Garrett would love his signed Craig Gentry baseball that Grammy gave him.  I told the boys that we weren't taking toys (and especially a signed baseball) to the gym....so they decided a picture would suffice.  Brody was super excited to show Garrett the picture of his baseball on my phone when I picked them up from Kids Club.  Of course, this was after he complained that he didn't get to stay and play long enough!  I'm sorry....but I think 2 hours of intense group fitness classes is more than enough time at the gym for me!

(picture taken on my iPhone)

1 comment:

Leave It To Davis said...

Neat club for kids....well staffed.