Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Barrett's riding without training wheels!!!!

This morning Barrett said, "When I go to Daddy Steve & Namaw's house today I'm gonna ask Daddy Steve to take the training wheels off my bike and then tell him to go back inside and I'm gonna ride it!"  I just smiled and nodded. 

The boys went over to the cul de sac to play this afternoon and around 5:30 I got a call from Namaw.  She said, "You need to come watch Barrett!"  I knew it had to be something to do with him riding his bike, but I didn't expect to see this...

Did I mention that he's only THREE years old?!?!?  Mike and I are sooooo proud of him!!!


After I took this video, Brody taught Barrett how to put his foot down after he stops.  He also taught him how to push off and get going without any help!  Barrett doesn't know how blessed he is to have such a loving big brother!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Must be something in the air with loving big brothers today!

Leave It To Davis said...

Way to go Barrett!!! I think he's pretty blessed to have a Daddy Steve, too!! (and a Namaw)

GG said...

Barrett I am proud of you for your determination to ride the bicycle at three. You learned before I did--I was 50

Daddy Steve said...

I could see the resolve in Barrett's face when he asked me to take the training wheels off. Remember last time? His foot got caught between the crank and frame and we had to take the bike apart to set him free! For quite a while he didn't want to try again.

He made up his mind and did it! I am very proud of him!

Sharon said...

He is an amazing 3 year old. I love his determination! Love you Barrett.