Monday, January 23, 2012

Are you ready for some baseball?!?

The boys in our house are waiting on pins and needles for baseball season to get here!  It's still over a month away (their league starts March 3rd)....but we just found out that Barrett gets to play this year too!

It seems absolutely crazy to me that he's going to play an organized sport at the age of THREE....but he's been BEGGING to play.  Since he doesn't turn 4 until June, we had to sign a waiver to let him play up...and we had to wait for a coach to pick him up.  For about a month now he's been asking me multiple times a day, "Has a coach emailed yet to say I can play tball?"  Well, today I got to give him the good news.

He woke up from his nap and walked sleepily into my office.  As he climbed up in my lap I said, "Guess what?  I got an email from a coach today!"

His eyes shot WIDE open as he looked up at me practically holding his breath.

"They said you can play tball!"

He wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me so tight I could hardly breathe.  Then he started jumping up and down saying, "Yay! Yay! Yay! I can't wait to tell Daddy when he gets home!"

Be forewarned...there's no doubt that there will be picture overload this baseball season!

3 comments:

Tyler Hastings said...

Awesome! Glad Barrett will get to play! Can't wait to come watch a game!

Leave It To Davis said...

Congratulations, Barrett, for making it into the big league little league. Plllaaayyy Ball!

Ann Hastings said...

Awesome, we've been praying that he'd get to play since he wanted to so much :)