Saturday, June 23, 2007

Walk with the Boys

This morning Julie had to work at Deer Valley. Since Mike and Ben were climbing Little Bear, I had the boys all to myself! They were up early and ready to play. I let them play for awhile in the backyard and then I loaded up everyone for a walk. Brody was in the backpack, Malachi was in the red wagon, and Annie the dog was on the leash. Needless to say...I had my hands full! We went to the same footpath that Julie took us to the day before and left the wagon at the gate to the path.

Here's a picture of me, Brody (in the backpack...he's asleep so you can't really see his head), and Malachi (holding on to the backpack).

Of course we had to stop at the creek and throw rocks. Malachi woke Brody up so that he could throw rocks with Malachi.

Malachi looking at the beautiful mountains with his dog, Annie.

There's a small airport close by and we saw several planes fly by. Malachi made sure that we waved to each one for as long as our eyes could still see the plane!


After our walk I put Brody down for a nap and let Malachi watch a video that Julie promised he could watch. Brody took a really long nap...so long that I let Malachi wake him up so that we could go to the park for lunch. We spent 1 1/2 hours at the park mainly playing in the rocks. Julie got home from work just after we got back from the park. After nap time we drove to Salida to swim at Salida Hot Springs (an indoor pool). This was Brody's first time to go swimming (sorry...I didn't take my camera to the pool) and he LOVED it!!! He even loved going under water again and again. He thought it was hilarious when I'd go under and blow bubbles. He'd just laugh and laugh!

After swimming we met Mike and Ben at Amicas (a delicious pizza joint in Salida) for dinner. They were utterly exhausted from climbing Little Bear....but that story deserves a post of it's own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see Brody swim here!

Steve and Joan said...

I love the photo of your shadows! Cool picture!

Anonymous said...

The boys look so cute together. What a fun day - Brody is going to be bored after such a fun vacation!