Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just like my father...

Caleb and I both inherited Dad's freckles & moles. When I got some of them removed last week Dad even commented, "How will anyone know you're my daughter now?" Well...I think that gene has been passed down to Brody. Last night I discovered his first freckle. Look at the shin of the top leg in the picture below ;) _________________________________________
Here's a random story:
Friday night Mike made my favorite dinner (fried chicken)!!! He also made mashed potatoes, homemade onion rings, and corn. If you know me...you know that I'm not a big mashed potato fan (I know...it's unAmerican). As kids we were allowed to pick 1 food that we didn't have to eat (meaning everything else we had to eat). I picked mashed potatoes. Well...Friday night I thought Mike was going to choke on his piece of chicken when I got seconds of mashed potatoes! His exact words were, "That's blog worthy!"

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Chosing Mashed Potatoes as your food is not just un-American - it just seems un-human!!! I am shocked to learn that about you!!! :) Glad you had seconds...shows that maybe you are not an alien freak from another planet!

Anonymous said...

Daddy Ken says,"How could anyone not just love mashed potatoes!? He loves them so much, he calls them dessert. We are so glad you finally developed a liking for them. All the Hastings loved mashed potatoes.

Anonymous said...

So what changed?? The mashed potatoes or your tastes? :-)

Steve and Joan said...

Ah, yes! Brody is my grandson!!! The identifying mark - a cute little freckle. Welcome to the club, Brody!

Daddy Steve

Laura said...

Freckles are so cute!! Glad he could join the freckle clue!

Laura said...

The freckle club is what I meant to write!! I am glad he could join the freckle clue too, whatever that is!