Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Bites!

With all the rain we've had lately the mosquitoes have had lots of standing water to breed in! They are out in full force! Mike and I started taking the vitamin B1 a week or so ago. We read that it's supposed to make you unappealing to mosquitoes. So far...it's not working. I'm not sure how long you have to take it before it becomes effective (if it does really work). Mike said that maybe it is working and that we'd have twice as many bites if we didn't take it. Who knows!?! I really haven't been outside that much in the evenings lately, however, I've still managed to get lots of bites.

There are 4 bites on my leg in this picture. This one is HUGE (and I haven't been scratching!) It's almost the size of a quarter!
Even Brody has a few bites. This one on his foot must itch. His whole heel is red (like he's been rubbing it on the ground to scratch it).

I'm not really complaining...the mosquitoes HAVE been worse...this is just all I could think of to blog about this morning! lol

4 comments:

RaeAnn said...

I know how you feel with the mosquitos. I was out at my aunt and uncles in the country the other night and came home with about 5 bites on my ankle. I even had one on my toe. Mine itch really bad. Hope the vitamins start helping soon!

Anonymous said...

We were out walking Monday night when mosquitoes decided to attack while we were walking! It was terrible. We had to keep walking because we were a couple of miles from home. They were really slow. I could feel the bite, look down, and still have time to kill it. I am sure everyone that saw us walking was wondering what we were doing hitting our legs as we walked!

Anonymous said...

Bounce (dryer sheets) stuck around in your clothing is supposed to repel those mosquitoes. Also, spray Avon Skin So Soft on you and those two things would not hurt Brody. Those mosquito machines you get at Lowes and Home Depot really work!!!! We got one from Lowes (Mosquito Deleto I think is what it was called) several years ago and it worked. Don't have the "stuff" for it this year. I have to order it from the company. It uses butane. I think the mosquitoes are going to be bad here this year, too, we have had so much rain. I am so sorry y'all all getting bit.

We love ya'll!

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

My pedi recommended Off Skintastic, said it's safe to use on babies. Just spray it on their clothes when they're wearing them and then you can spray some on your hands and put it on his face if needed. HTH! I hate mosquito's, darn things are in full force everywhere I think!