Monday, June 04, 2007

Frog Legs

Saturday morning Mike came inside and told me that I should take Brody outside because there were TONS of little frogs hopping around everywhere! Remember how loud the field toads have been lately? Well...these must be all their babies! I couldn't believe how many of them there were! So I went outside with Brody and the camera.

Brody looking at a frog jumping on his foot.
"I caught it!"

I was just snapping pictures of him holding the frog when all of the sudden the frog disappeared....into Brody's MOUTH!!!!!
After I dug the frog out of Brody's mouth...he found another one to play with.

Yep. This one went in his mouth too! Yuck! After that we left the frogs alone. If you click on this one to make it bigger you can see the frogs legs pointing towards Brody's mouth. Maybe he heard that some people like frog legs?


Just chillin' in the grass.

Brody spotted Daddy on the mower!

Mike didn't stop for Brody and Brody started to follow him!

"Ugh!" Sometimes tall grass is hard to crawl through!
Chasing after Daddy.

14 comments:

Laura said...

Hilarious!! What great pictures!

Steve and Joan said...

Wow! Brody isn't as picky as Caleb was when he was little - you know... about his food. Of course, I don't think Caleb ever tried a frog!

Amy said...

Hehe. Loved the pics.

Anonymous said...

That ain't no city kid you got there---eatin frogs au naturel! Loved the pictures.

Anonymous said...

How funny!!So did Brody give you a clue as to how those frogs tasted?!! Now that he's had a taste for the unique, you'll have to teach him how to cook. Do you suppose someday he may be a candidate for The Fear Factor??

Anonymous said...

That's disgusting and hilarious! Your grass looks awesome - I'm jealous! I would take baby frogs over my fire ants any day. Maybe not to eat...

RaeAnn said...

That's funny! He looks so cute playing in the grass!

Anonymous said...

Hello,this is Lucy_or_Ethel from Southern Iowa!Marshall directed me to your site and I am glad she did! Wonderful pix,you have a very sweet looking little fellow even with a frog in his mouth.

suzspeaks said...

Those are the CUTEST pictures!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The picture eating the frog needs to hang by your kitchen table. Then someday when Brody is complaining about eating his vegetables, you can point to the picture!

Rebecca said...

Very cute pictures...disgusting, but CUTE!!!

Anna said...

Love Love love this series of pics! Holden puts everything in his mouth...I am sure if he found a frog it would go in...glad you got it photographed:-)

Anonymous said...

We laughed and laughed at the "frog" pictures. I never saw a "baby" frog before. Brody must have liked the taste since you said he put another one in his mouth. They were great pictures. Loved the "chilling" one. It was so "cool." You get so many "cute" pictures. These could be on "America's Funniest Videos." Daddy Ken tried to write a comment, but evidently he did not post correctly. I don't know what all he said (he is asleep) only that when Glenn, Sr. was older than Brody he would eat worms - not all the time, but just every once in a while.

Enjoyed your call. That was a nice surprise. Thank y'all again for being so nice and hospitable to Ginger and Jesse.

We love y'all

Shauna said...

this may be one of my favorite posts ever!!!!