Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Shout Out

This is a shout out to Steve and Billy. I just want to say....I understand.

Saturday night we had some friends (Jed and Michelle) over for dinner. They brought the movie Hitch for us to watch after Brody went to bed. We probably didn't start the movie until a little after 9:00. Before long I look over to the recliner and this is what I see:



That's right! Staci was sound asleep! My first thought was, "She's just like her mom and Paula! She's not even 30 years old and she can't stay awake for a movie!" When Michelle got up to refill her drink she noticed Staci was asleep and she startled her awake when she said, "Are you asleep, Staci?!?" Staci stayed awake the rest of the movie....but I could tell she was struggling. If we hadn't had company...I don't think she would've even tried!

Mike

8 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Mike,

It's always hard to know what to do when you look around and see they are asleep. I wonder if they are enjoying the sleep more than the movie... or do they want me to wake them up. Now, if we are at the movie theater and we paid for the entertainment I keep a close eye on her and shake her awake so we get our money's worth. But... at home I just let her enjoy the nap and tell her about the movie later.

Anonymous said...

Why do they always take pictures of us asleep? They never take pictures of us cleaning bathrooms and all of the other stuff we do all day.

Amy said...

Looks like a coze place to take fall asleep!

Rebecca said...

That's a really cute picture. I'm not even a mom yet, and I have trouble staying awake during movies. I think it's a 25 year old thing. Before I turned 25, I could stay up until 2 or 3 every night, and get up at 6 or 7, and be fine. Now, I'm usually exhausted by 8pm. You sleep on Staci!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the chairs are just so comfortable there's no way you can stay awake! I've missed a few good movies by falling asleep.

Laura said...

I always fall asleep too!! It looks like a good nap though!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a good laugh! I feel redeemed...a little bit.

Shauna said...

I ALWAYS sleep through movies!! I cannot stay awake. THat is funny that you guys watched Hitch - I watched that on Saturday too - it was on TV! What a funny movie! And I am with Caleb - it is nice to have a post from Mike every once in a while too!! :)