Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

It was 10 months ago that Brody came into this world and made Mike a daddy! As you can see below...it was love at first sight. Mike is an amazing father. He lights up when he gets home from work and sees Brody "running" (ie. crawling as fast as he can) towards him! Brody gets so excited when Mike walks into the room. This morning at church we walked past the nursery between class and church. Mike stopped to peek in on Brody and when Brody saw him he started laughing! He was so excited to see his daddy!

Friday I found Mike feeding Brody Cheerios in the high chair. I think they were eating in a laid back fashion...this is what Brody looked like!!!
Today after lunch I heard laughing from the bedroom. I peeked around the corner with the camera to see Mike and Brody playing on the bed. I could tell they were having fun because they were both laughing so hard!
Brody was so tired today that he actually fell asleep in Mike's arms! He NEVER does this! We usually have to put him in his bed for him to fall asleep...so it was a special time for Mike this afternoon. It was so cute how tightly Brody was holding onto Mike's arm. I don't think he wanted Mike to put him down!
Thank you Mike! Thank you for loving and cherishing me. Thank you for loving our son so much! It is such a joy to watch you teaching him new things. I love to walk into the room and see you on the floor playing with Brody or tickling Brody or just kissing on Brody. I love watching you walk thru Lowe's talking baby talk to Brody, kissing on him, laughing with him....like there's no one else in the world! Thank you for spending time every day praying with me and praying for our son! I thank the Lord every day that he has put you in my life. Brody and I are so blessed!

6 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Glad that Mike is such a wonderful husband and father! Hope he had a good first Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute to a wonderful father and husband!! That was a CUTE picture of Brody being "laid back" eating his cherrios!

Amy said...

Happy Fathers Day, Mike!

Anonymous said...

I love Brody's bedhead in that picture-that is awesome! Happy Father's Day, Mike! Staci and Brody are lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that our grandson has Mike as his daddy. Thank you Mike!!!

Rebecca said...

That is very sweet. I love the picture of Brody while he's eating, and his hair!!!