Monday, June 18, 2007

Spider Wheat

Saturday morning I looked out the window during breakfast to see the sun glistening off of the wheat. I grabbed the camera and headed outside. From the driveway, the wheat field was glistening in the early morning sun. As I got closer to the field I was shocked at what I saw! I think that Charlotte (from Charlotte's web) decorated the wheat field! Across the ENTIRE field I could see a vast web! It was amazing! It looked like every head of wheat was connected to the other via spider webs! As much as I don't like spiders....it was a beautiful masterpiece! Here's a view of the field. Can you see all the spider webs connecting the wheat?
Mike was surprised that I hadn't noticed this before. I think it's just because you need the early morning sunlight to see them...and I'm not usually home at that time of day.
I wonder how many spiders it takes to weave a web over an entire wheat field?

I guess that the 4 or 5 spiders that I've killed in our house over the past 2 weeks is a relatively small number!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

while that is pretty cool, it definitely gives me the heebie jeebies!

Steve and Joan said...

Fantastic photo - especially with the explanation. You really have a great eye for interesting photos. You are a really good photographer. Thank you for sharing these moments with us!!!

I love you all!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like you may have more spiders in your future.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't think I will ever enjoy walking through a field of wheat again - Ewwww! (Cool picture though!)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and explanation, but I hate spiders!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's cool! That would be intersting to watch them spin those webs!

Shauna said...

that is really cool! And remind me to stay away from wheat fields.

Laura said...

Cool pictures!!

Anonymous said...

that first picture could win a contest!!! at the very least, it deserves a frame.