Thursday, March 29, 2012

Who lit up the moon?

When we got back to our Jeep after Barrett's t-ball game tonight he asked us, "Who lit up the moon?"  I said, "God did."  He said, "No...who lit up the middle of it?"  I replied again, "God did."  Barrett looked at me confused and said, "Well I didn't see him do it!" 


While Brody was waiting for Barrett to finish talking about the moon and get in the Jeep, he asked a question that, to him, was just as profound.  He said, "What is this thing on the door?"  I looked to see him pointing at the key hole below the door handle.  I told him it was for the key.  He look at me with a look of total confusion.  I then proceeded to show him how it was possible to unlock and lock the car doors with the car keys.  He was amazed....and I was dying laughing!  It cracks me up that our boys had no idea that there's a place on the car to use the key to unlock it.  I always use the remote that's on my key chain to unlock/lock the doors.  I wonder if there will come a point in time where we no longer have keys for automobiles? 

1 comment:

Leave It To Davis said...

That day is almost here already...we test drove a Mazda cr4 that you don't use the key to start it...you just have to have it in the car somewhere. It has a button that you push and it starts if that key is inside the car.

Isn't it funny how we never think about the kids not knowing that a key would unlock the door? But we use the keyless entry, also, so McKenna and Jayma may not realize it either.