Thursday, March 29, 2012

Baseball under the lights

Barrett played the late game (7:15 pm start) tonight.  It makes it easier for us to eat and get to the game on time when it's the late game....but the players are almost ready for bed by the 2nd inning!  I think Barrett took a laid back approach to batting this game.  He walked slowly to the plate (looking at me, Daddy Steve, and Namaw the entire way from the dugout to home plate) and slowly got ready to bat. 

Coach Mike giving Barrett tips about running to 2nd base.

Sliding into home!
 
In the first inning Barrett played pitcher. He did a great job fielding balls hit his way and throwing them to 1st base!
 
 
 
In the 2nd inning he played 1st baseman.  I laughed when this kid ran the ball almost all the way to 1st base and then stopped 3 feet from Barrett to toss it to him!
 
I'm not sure if he was trying to be taller....or if he just thought it was comfortable, but I looked over at one point to see this....
 
I guess his teammate, Caleb, thought it looked like a great place to sit too!
 

2 comments:

Mom said...

Good game Barrett!

Ann Hastings said...

SO cute, love the picture of him on the mound!