Friday, March 09, 2012

Barrett visits GG

This morning I called GG to see if I could bring Barrett over for a visit.  She was excited to have him come spend some one-on-one time with her!  I dropped him off a little after 10 and they got right to work having fun and making memories.  She really knows how to spoil her great-grandchildren!  She gave Barrett a bunch of different options for lunch and he chose hot cakes!  GG said he helped her stir the batter and make the hot cakes.  They also played games together.  She has a deck of cards with big numbers on them and she had Barrett stack them in order (matching the numbers).  They also played a game of dominoes.  After the game they had fun building stuff out of the domines.  Then they sat around talking while Barrett drew pictures for her.

GG said that Barrett talked with her non-stop and the she really enjoyed having him come visit!  When we left Brody said, "I wish we could live at GG's house with her!"  When I asked why...the boys both said, "Because we really love her!"  Have I ever mention that I come from a long line of love?
 

2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

What a wonderful great-grandmother. My great-grandmother made wonderful memories for me, too, and I still think about them now....just think, GG....when these boys are in their 50's, they will still stop and think about the times you played cards and dominoes with them. I still talk about my great-grandmother and tell my kids about her.Barrett and Brody will keep your memory alive for a long, long time!

Ann Hastings said...

That's so sweet!