Saturday, March 10, 2012

Homemade Deliciousness!!!

Last night we saw a commercial for chicken pot pie and Mike and I both said, 'YUMMMM!"  I haven't had one in forever!  So this evening I decided to make one from scratch.  It was soooooooo delicious!
 
I ended up with some left over pie crust.  It's a sin to let homemade pie crust go to waste, so I made it into a yummy dessert!  I baked it topped with butter, sugar, and cinnamon and then served it with a little whip cream and caramel sauce.  Oh. my. goodness.  I hate to brag...but my crust is to light and flaky and it was like a little bite of heaven!  It's a good thing I don't have time to cook like this every night or I might have to buy a size bigger in jeans! lol
 

2 comments:

Mom said...

That looks yummy!

Leave It To Davis said...

I make hamburger pot pie....I use mixed veggies, hamburger meat browned, worcestishire sauce, Franco-American beef gravy, mixed together in a pie crust, then when baked, top with a slice of cheese that melts....ummmmm...I'll have to make that tomorrow.