Saturday, March 03, 2012

Barrett's 1st T-ball Game!

It's that time of year again.....BASEBALL TIME!!!!  Barrett is on the Minnesota Twins and his first game was this morning.  They had team pictures first (I took my own individual...but I didn't think the paid photog would like me stepping in front of him for a team picture, so we ordered on of those.)  Here's Barrett all dressed up in his uniform...ready to play ball!

Why is it that the uniform looks soooo much bigger on him when he's out on the field! I promise we got him the smallest available sizes, however, the uniform swallows him!  Of course, he's starting a year earlier than most kids.  Maybe by next year the youth XS pants will fit?



Daddy Steve and Brody met Barrett at the dug out to tell him he did a great job hitting.  Barrett, however, was focused on the game.

In the second inning I think the warm sun was starting to feel good...and I saw a few more yawns from our little guy.

There weren't any balls being hit to him in the outfield, so I found him doing things like this:
Holding his glove by one of the laces and twirling it as fast it he could....

getting in baseball ready position.....without his glove on his hand....

and walking his fingers up his arm, around his neck, back down his tummy and legs, and then across the grass!




 

5 comments:

Jill Graves said...

What a cutie!!! I didn't realize they could play already?! Is it too late for my Bear to get on a team?

Anonymous said...

So cute!!
Gmommy

Mom said...

He definitely "scores" in the cute contest!

Leave It To Davis said...

lol....love the narrative...the pictures wouldn't be the same without it!!! Truly enjoyed this post!!!

Ann Hastings said...

So cute!