Friday, June 25, 2010

The Making of the Cake

Barrett will turn 2 years old on Sunday!  Early this morning (or late last night...depending on how you look at it) Grammy and her sister, Aunt Cherie, arrived at our house.  One of the main projects on tap for today was Barrett's birthday cake.  I've included several step by step pictures.  How many pictures will it take before you can figure out what we're making?!?

Moon pies?
Raccoon eyes?
Now for the M&M's.  Angela is a little OCD about things being in order.  She made sure that all the M&M's that she put on the cake were in the correct alternating order.  I don't think she like the fact that sometimes I put 2 red ones in a row or 2 brown ones in a row!  I think Brody was more interested in eating them.
time to add the grass....
Are you getting the picture now?

Rather than trying to make a cake look like Lightning McQueen, I opted for a racetrack cake with toy cars on top.  I think it turned out great!
Now if only we can keep everyone from eating the Oreo's and M&M's off the cake before the party tomorrow!

1 comment:

Ann Hastings said...

What a GREAT cake, very creative- I'm impressed!