Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hudson Cream Flour - Wednesday in KS

When we got back to Grammy's house after the zoo, it was time for Barrett to take a nap.  I decided Brody could skip his nap and go do something fun with Grammy.  First they went to the park to play and then they went to the flour mill in Hudson to go on a tour. 

One of the supervisors there is a long time family friend.  Randy was Mike's Boy Scout leader and could tell hours of entertaining stories about adventures he's had with Mike. 
Grammy said that Brody was on shy mode at the flour mill.  He didn't talk (and from the looks of the pictures didn't even smile).  That was actually one of the first things he told me about the flour mill..."I didn't talk to Randy."  When I asked him "why?" he replied, "Because I didn't really know him."
The pictures are not proof, but he said he really did have fun!  He brought home some bags of flour and said that Randy told him I was supposed to make cookies with the flour and then blog about them.  I haven't made the cookies yet...maybe after we get the house back in order (how is it that being gone for a few days makes it so hard to catch back up on housework?!)  I was very excited about getting Hudson Cream Flour.  I always bought Hudson flour in KS and was befuddled when I went to the grocery store for the first time in TX and they didn't carry it!  I wasn't sure what to buy!
Barrett woke up from his nap just minutes before Grammy and Brody walked in the door.  Everyone was hungry so we headed to the local pizza joint (Humble Pie) for dinner.  The boys were excited to eat pizza!

(Side note:  I just noticed Barrett's right eye in the picture below.  Wow.  Please keep his eyesight in your prayers.  We go back to the dr in August.)

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the last picture of the boys- adorable!
We will continue praying for Barrett's eyesight!

Leave It To Davis said...

One of the neighbor kids here about ten years ago had the same problem and she started wearing glasses when she was less than two, also. Her eye straightened out. I kept looking for their email address so I could ask her about Jessica. They moved three years ago. If I find it, I will email her and let you know if it was exactly the same condition.