Thursday, June 17, 2010

For the record book

I think I'm ready to say that Barrett's (daytime) potty trained!  Even though he's woken up dry every morning for the past week, I'm still scared to put him in undies at night.  I'm perfectly fine with one diaper a day...just so I don't have the middle of the night wake up for a wet bed. 

I've started venturing out with him in underwear and he's been telling me when he needs to go potty (and will hold it until we get there)!  He only had one accident our entire Kansas trip (and that one was my fault).  He even gets out of the pool to go potty! 

The only difficult part is that he's so small that he can't get on or off the potty by himself!  It's ok.  I don't mind helping.  In fact, I love listening to him talk while he goes potty.  I also love how every time I get him off the potty he says, "Good job Barrett!"  Guess he's proud of himself too!

2 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Good Job Barrett!

Daddy Steve

Ann Hastings said...

That's adroable, so proud of him!