Saturday, June 26, 2010

Barrett's 2nd Birthday Party

The boys woke up super excited about the day today.  Brody kept asking when Collin would get here.  They were happy when everyone finally arrived and they were quick to change out of their clothes and into their swimsuits.  We were barely able to keep them out of the water long enough to eat lunch, have cake, and open presents. 

I think Brody and Collin were more excited about the present time than Barrett was.  We had to pull up some extra chairs so they could sit close enough to participate (meaning they "helped" Barrett open his presents...even though he didn't really need help...but he didn't seem to mind).
Then it was time for the guys to make the presents usable for the kids.  You know...blowing up inflatable pirate ships...
and taking a million twisty ties off a John Deere tractor.
The kids could hardly wait for the pirate ship to be ready.  They all piled on and were ready to conquer the pool.
It got a little rough for Barrett, so I helped him practice swimming.  He's doing great with his swimming.  He suddenly decided that he wanted to swim without floaties.  He can't get a breath on his own, but he sure can swim around the pool!  We're working on the whole breath thing.
Jayden preferred playing basketball on the deck.  Remember how I said Angela is OCD about having things in order...well I guess it carried on to her son...only he's tremendously OCD about basketball.  If he even sees a basketball it's all he can talk about.  He LOVES it!  My boys always loved balls...but Jayden is truly obsessed!
When Jayden went down for a nap, the adults got a turn with the basketball goal.  I haven't played water basketball in years.  It was a workout!  Considering the fact that all of us are pretty competitive, we all left with battle scars.
As I was downloading pictures from Daddy Steve's camera, I found this picture.  What where they thinking?!?  Our pool is NOT a diving pool!  It's a good thing I didn't see this in person.  (And consider this a stern warning from me to all the "grown boys" out there...Don't dive off the fountains!!!)
Thanks to all the family that joined us to make Barrett's 2nd birthday very special.  We had so much fun...and were exhausted by the end of the day. 

7 comments:

Mom said...

You better make sure Brody and Barrett don't see the "diving off the fountain" picture! I can hear it now - "But Daddy did it!"

Staci said...

Look close at the picture! Tyler's holding Barrett while they watch Mike & Caleb! So we know for sure Barrett saw it. Maybe he'll forget about it by the time he can swim and get a breath on his own ;)

Ann Hastings said...

What a fun party- I am SO sad I missed it, but so glad you took so many great pictures! Happy birthday Barrett- you're so loved by your family!

Leave It To Davis said...

I LOVE the pirate ship!!!!

Leave It To Davis said...

I LOVE the pirate ship!!!!

Ann Hastings said...

Tyler was SOOO excited when we found that in the store, I didn't want to buy it since it was for kids ages 5 & up... I guess he had a good idea :) Looks like the kids loved the ship!

Tyler Hastings said...

Brody and Collin tried to jump off later but Mike stopped them. He told them it was only for those 25 and up. So I barely made the cut.