Sunday, January 24, 2010

Surprise!!!

Friday night Mike and I got dressed up and got in the car to go to dinner to celebrate my 30th birthday. He said that we needed to drop off his racquet for Audria to use when she went with Caleb to go play racquetball. I was surprised when Mike took the racquet to their door and they stepped out of their house dressed up...ready to go to dinner with us! I was excited that they were going to join us, but I still didn't know where we were going.

We drove to downtown Ft. Worth and parked in Mike's parking garage (for work). Then we stood around on the street talking for a little while. I was beginning to wonder what we were just standing around for when I turned around and saw Tyler and Ann walking towards us! Mike just grinned at the surprise that he'd pulled off.

We walked to Texas de Brazil for dinner. If you're a vegetarian, this is not the restaurant for you! It's an all you can eat restaurant. You can start off with salad and side items (soup, potatoes, etc) or, like Tyler, you can go straight for the meat. The servers come around with different kids of meat and cut off pieces for you. There was everything (chicken, pork, bacon wrapped fillet minion, ribs. and all cuts of steaks).

We ate until we were stuffed and then we headed back towards the parking garage.

On the way we decided to stop at Starbucks for some coffee (it was a little chilly with the wind blowing). (I know that some people's eyes look a little strange in this picture...this was the best my red eye corrector would do!)

When we left Starbucks I thought we were all going home. I was wrong! Instead, we stopped at the improv comedy club (4 Day Weekend). It was hilarious! We were all laughing so hard we were crying.

It was such a fun night. Mike did a great job of surprising me and planning out the evening. We didn't get to bed until 1 am (and had to get up at 6:15 am on Saturday for our adoption training)...but it was totally worth it. Thanks Mike (and Caleb, Audria, Tyler, & Ann) for making my 30th birthday so special!

8 comments:

Wendi said...

That's so fun!!!! We love Texas de Brazil and especially the comedy club! We have been there a lot and think it's so funny. Glad you had a wonderful birthday surprise.. good job Mike!

Paula said...

It took me awhile to figure out it was the red-eye corrector making some of my friends look possessed. Yours really don't look that bad at all.

Looks like you had a great time. You are right about Texas de Brazil. That is a meat-eater's heaven. Very nice but once was enough for me.

megan said...

How fun! That restaurant is SO yummy. And what a fun surprise!

Leave It To Davis said...

Staci, you look marvelous!!!! You truly look beautiful in these pictures! (of course, you always do, but wow, you really shine in these pics)

Ann Hastings said...

We had such a great time celebrating YOU :) It was fun to keep it a secret and see your face when we walked up... we always enjoy each time we're with you- this one will be super special in our memories :)
Love you- you're beautiful!

Chris said...

Aww Man do you have to post the ewwy ushy gushy stuff?

suzspeaks said...

how fun! you look beautiful!! Welcome to the 30's club!

Jessica said...

What a fun night! You look great, Staci! Is that the new make-up? I LOVE IT!