Friday, January 08, 2010

Question for my medical friends

Why does the longest wait in a waiting room have to be at the pediatrician's office? I'm beginning to wonder if they do that on purpose?!?

Today I had 3 doctors appointments scheduled. A few days ago I moved Barrett's 18 month appointment from 9 am to 8 am so that I would have time to drop the kids off with Daddy Steve and Namaw before my 10 am foot doctor appointment.

I arrived at the pediatrician's office at 7:59 am. I was the ONLY patient in the waiting room and was the first appointment of the day. I waited patiently with the boys in the waiting room. Barrett was still in his jammies (since he doesn't even wake up until after 8 am on a typical day). I had grabbed him out of his crib, put a coat on him so he didn't freeze in the sub freezing temps Texas is currently experiencing, and rushed out the door to make it on time. I fed him his breakfast while we waited. At 8:25 another patient arrived (another well-check baby) and was taken immediately back to a room. I went up and asked if my doctor was at the office yet and the receptionist responded, "Yes. Her car was here when I arrived." (Which means she'd been there since before 8 am.) She said she'd alert the nurse that I was waiting and a few minutes later she returned to tell me the nurse would be right with me. At 8:40 I requested that she send another message to the nurse. I told her that I needed to leave by 9:00 am to make it to another appointment and that I had rescheduled from 9 am to 8 am so that I could get out of here on time...and here it was 8:40 and I was still sitting in the waiting room!!!!!

Here's my questions for my medical friends......
If I'm the first appointment of the day at 8:00 am...and my doctor and her staff are in the office...and I'm in the waiting room...why did it take until 8:45 AM to be taken back to a patient room? Why do doctors schedule appointments for 8:00 am if they have no intention of seeing patients at that time?!?!?

It was not like this at the other 2 doctors appointments. I had a 10:00 am appointment with my foot doctor. I was in a patient room by 10:05 am and was talking to the doctor by 10:10 am! Later, I had a 1:30 pm appointment with my general practitioner. This was my first visit with this doctor. I arrived at 1:25, filled out new patient paperwork, the front desk entered my info, and I was talking to the doctor by 1:42 pm. The ironic thing is that these are the doctor's offices that I wouldn't mind waiting at! I was all alone (meaning without kids)...reading a book...and within 5 minutes was called out of the waiting room. I almost wanted to say, "You can let the next patient go ahead of me. I'm enjoying my quiet time!" Almost, but not quite ;)

Is it just pediatricians...or is it just MY pediatrician?

I asked the GP if he treated children and he said yes. I may just take Brody there from now on. I'll probably wait until Barrett's 2-years old...but then I think I'll say "goodbye" to the insane waiting room of a pediatrician's office and "hello" to a GP who seems just as caring and knowledgeable.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm not a medical person, but that seems a bit unprofessional to me. My mom is a nurse, so I understand a bit how things work (plus I worked for a doctor one summer). It would be more understandable if you were in the middle of the day, the room was full of other patients, etc. Sometimes people take advantage of nice doctors and instead of just addressing what they called in for an appt. about, they bring out their laundry list and ask about every little thing. Which is okay to do as long as you make that clear when you make your appt! Or sometimes an emergency comes up for the doctor. But it doesn't sound like any of that happened for you. Did the dr say anything about it?

Staci said...

She said that she wasn't feeling well...but I don't think she's felt well at more than a few visits since we've moved here! The nurse said it was all her fault b/c she thought the baby well-check was first...but they didn't arrive until 1/2 hour after I'd been there...so I'm not buying that excuse!

megan said...

That is really crazy! I would have been so irritated. I don't think it's all pediatricians, but it does seem pretty common. I never have to wait at mine for more than 10-15 minutes, and that's for a last minute sick visit or for a scheduled well-baby. But my friend goes to a different ped and always has at least a 45 minute wait! Your story is especially crazy since you were the first person there! I would not be happy and would definitely think about switching offices.

I have the opposite problem...the last time I went to my general practitioner, I waited almost an hour. I was so sick with strep throat, and that was one of the longest hours of my life! Thankfully, I didn't have any kids with me.

Kim8613 said...

I never wait more than 5 min in the waiting room at our pedi, and usually just 1-2 min in the exam room but usually wait at LEAST 20 min in the waiting and another 10-15 in the exam at my GP. Guess it just depends!

Cousin Julie said...

The ONLY excuse that is acceptable in a situation like that is a medical emergency or the doctor getting hung up at the hospital with new admits. If that has happened more than once without profuse apologies, I think I would tell them exactly why I was going to take my kids to a new physician. And just FYI, I have found that I like to be the first appointment after lunch. (Not always feasible with the kids because of nap times, but better odds of a timely appointment.) That's my 2 cents!

Anonymous said...

Staci, I work at a pediatrician's office. I have worked for many differnt Doctor's at this office. There have been some where towards the end of the day they are backed up and you might have to wait, but being the first patient of the day you should of gotten back right away. I worked today and the longest anyone had to wait was maybe 10 min. Most of the Doctors want to get everyone back and seen asap. I am sorry that this happened to you.

Carrie (Poore) Auten

Ledbetter Fam said...

Sorry this happened. I am guessing your appointment didn't actually get changed in the computer scheduling. It doesn't mean you shouldn't have been called back, but that's the only thing I can think of. I've worked for the doctor you're talking about, and that did not happen all day. Some of the patients had to wait a little while in the actual patient rooms while she was seeing other patients, but they only waited in the waiting room for a few minutes. Maybe a fluke, but seeing as how you go to church with her, I think you should confront her about your frustrations and ask for an explanation. Just my opinion.

JB

Wendi said...

I don't have a long comment, except that I hate that! I feel ya!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

How did I miss this post? Some people, including some doctors, seem to be oblivious to the clock. Have you noticed? Changing doctors is easier than changing the doctor.

Next time, schedule your appointment on a day ice is predicted. Everyone else will cancel leaving you with the doctor all to yourself. But you might call ahead to make sure the doctor doesn't cancel.

Personally, my patients rarely wait as I'm totally OCD about time and schedules and inconveniencing other people. It doesn't HAVE to be the way you described.