Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Answering His Call - Part IV

(Start at the beginning Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V, Part VI, Part VII,Part VIII)

The week after Angela left, I finally decided to broach the subject with Mike. I think, in a way, I was hoping that he wouldn’t feel the same way as me and then I’d have an easy out. It wasn’t like I would try to force my husband to adopt a child against his will! It was a Tuesday evening (just after Mike got home from work). The boys were still taking naps so the house was quiet. I told Mike the story I told you (about my experience while at The Village and about the burning of the Holy Spirit in my heart). I was also honest with him and told him that this still wasn’t something that I was 100% wanting to do…but that I felt it was what God wanted us to do. I was surprised when he quickly agreed and told me that he’d been feeling the same way.

After talking with Mike, it was like I finally was able to tell God, “Ok! I’m ready to obey now.” Over the matter of a week or two my heart and thoughts completely changed. I went from resisting the idea of adoption…to wholeheartedly desiring adopting a child. The only explanation for this change is God working in me. There was actually one moment in time that I will never forget…the moment where I knew for a fact that God’s desire had become my own.

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

What a neat experience- it's amazing the way the Holy Spirit works on our hearts.

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you and are so glad that you had the experience with God and the Holy Spirit working through Him in your decision.

May God be with you and Mike as you start down this path.

I love you all.

megan said...

I have loved reading this even though we've talked about most of it. So happy for you guys!

Leave It To Davis said...

when do you get the baby already? I hate this suspense. I get on here several times every day now trying to see if you have finished this story. This is cruel.