Wednesday, January 06, 2010

One Year

Has it really been that long? So much has happened in the past year. So many things that Grandpa Jim missed. It's hard to believe it's been a year since my father-in-law died. I still think about him every day. There are several things around our house that I use on a daily basis that were given to me by Jim. Every time I use them, I think about him and it makes me sad. It makes me sad that he's not still here with us to share in the joys of our life. It makes me sad that our boys will never remember a relationship with their Grandpa Jim. A year is a long time when you take life one day at a time...but it's a short time for a grieving heart. If only things could have been different...

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Thinking about y'all and praying for you today. Love you!

Leave It To Davis said...

I know exactly how that feels....."if only....." My prayers are with you and Mike. P.S. Dave's dad died at 54 when Ginger was 2. She never really knew him, either. It is really sad to lose someone so young.