Saturday, May 09, 2009

Roseola Round Two

Does anyone remember this post? (For the computer illiterate, if you click on "this post" it's a link to a previous post about Brody having Roseola)

I didn't even think about Roseola while Barrett had a high fever. I just thought it was strange that he had such a high fever yet didn't have any other symptoms (cough, congestion, etc). It wasn't until he broke out in a rash that the light bulb went off. Brody had Roseola when he was Barrett's age. Back then I wrote on our blog that "information online says that it occurs in children under the age of 3 and begins with a high fever. After the fever goes away a rash suddenly appears. It's a viral infection and the rash should go away in a day or two."






The only difference between Brody and Barrett's bouts with Roseola is that Barrett has been extremely fussy. Of course, he seems to be affected (mood/energy wise) by illnesses more than Brody does. You honestly wouldn't know Brody's sick unless you take his temp or see snot running out of his nose. He doesn't really slow down or act much different. Although I don't like for Barrett to be sick, it's been kinda fun to have him wanting to snuggle with us!

Brody didn't break out in a rash and only had a fever that one morning...so that still confuses me a little...but I'm just guessing he didn't get the rash since he's already had it?!? Who knows! All I know is that I hope our whole family is feeling better soon. I don't know if it's true or not, but it seems like someone in our family has been sick ever since we moved to Texas!

5 comments:

Chris said...

I'd say something about that but I don't want you to feal bad. I have heard that they do things bigger in Texas.

RaeAnn said...

I know what you mean about not thinking about Roseola until they get the rash. The girls both had it. The fever and crankyness are no fun. Hope all the sickness is over for you guys.

Wendi said...

I had Roseola when I was little... I guess it's common?? I don't know. Anyways, if you would like to bring your boys over to my school to see the chicks you can!! They are supposed to hatch on Tuesday. It's up to you - just let me know if you're interested. We'll be busy watching them all week!

Teri said...

I'm so glad you and Barrett are feeling better. He must have had a stronger strain that Brody. That rash brings back memories!!!
As for the working out, hang in there, better to be patient than cause bleeding and have to wait even longer! Hugs!

Bethany said...

Hey, thanks to this post and the previous Roseola one, I knew what was wrong with Xander! Thanks for the pictures and good description!