Friday, May 08, 2009

Charges so far...

I'm up, already dressed and pumped, and am about to head to the hospital. The surgery is scheduled for 8:15 (but of course I have to be there at 6:15).

Caleb guessed the closest for the charges I already know about! Jamie will still be under after we're done!

The hospital's charges for a lithotripsy are $15,906. However, there's a provider contractual writeoff of 30%, so the insurance company is only charged $10,338 of which I have to pay my co-insurance (don't worry...I'll meet my total out of pocket just with the hospital bill!) This doesn't include the bills from the physicians (anesthesiologist, surgeon, tech)!!!! I can only imagine what the total bill will be! Does this seem crazy to anyone else? I told Mike that I need to save these little pieces, have them made back into the big stone that it currently is...and have it set in a necklace! lol

As for the boys, I think I know what the cause of the fever is...but it's much better explained in picture. You'll just have to wait on that since I can't find my camera cord...and our computer with a card reader isn't set up yet. Angela or Nancy - Do y'all remember packing the cord anywhere? I've looked in the coffee/end tables and the box marked "fragile stuff from end tables". Any other guesses?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Holy cow!!! That is crazy. I remember almost falling off my chair when I looked at our insuranc statement for Anna's c-section. I was certainly thankful for our insuranced!
Praying your surgery goes well and you'll soon be feeling MUCH better!

Jamie said...

Good luck today! I miss seeing you at the gym! Well it was $20,000 for Austin to get his appendix out so I thought it would be slightly less for yours!

Tina said...

Wow! I'm always shocked at the expense of medical care but am so very thankful to have it. My Dad had a heart valve replacement on the 20th and all he could think about was what it would cost. Thankfully, he's home and feels great. My prayers are with you and your family.

Amy said...

I can't believe all that's going on for you guys right now. I'm curious to see the photos of what's causing the boy's fevers. I'm praying for you today, Stac!

Wendi said...

SO.. how are you feeling?? I hope everything went well today.