Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Still Alive

We're still alive here. Barrett had temps in the 103's most of the day yesterday. Namaw took him to the dr yesterday morning while I tried to get thru to my urologist's office. Barrett's ears look better, so it's some kind of virus that his body is fighting. They did a flu test in the office and it came back negative (they also send one off to the state to make sure their in office test is correct). He's on a really strong antibiotic for the ear infection that he had last week, so any bacteria in his body wouldn't stand a chance. This morning his fever is down (only 101). Hopefully it won't take long for this virus to run it's course.

I'm not sure when I'll get in to see the doctor. Last Thursday I got in with a urologist. Based on the fact that my kidney stone is higher than he expected, he wanted to do another CT with contrast (aka x-ray where they insert die) this Wednesday to tell him more about the stone. I didn't really understand, but he said something about the fact that if it was this one kind of stone he could blast it and it might not break up or it might break up but not come out...and then he'd have to do arthroscopic surgery to go in and remove it. If it's the "regular" kind of kidney stone, he should be able to blast it and then just give me more pain meds to help with the pain while I pass all the pieces of the stone. On Thursday he told me that my stone is so big that there's no way it can pass on it's own...and he didn't think that it would try to move. With the pain that I've been having the past few days...I think it's trying to move. I'm doing a little better this morning, but for the past 2 days I've been taking vicodin every 3-4 hrs. I guess it's just a waiting game now. Gotta love waiting on doctors! I guess I'm just glad we live in a country where I can get in to see a doctor within a week. People in some countries don't have that opportunity! I hope that our healthcare system doesn't get to that point...but that's another topic for another day...

Ready for some good news? Our internet is scheduled to be connected today!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying and have been praying for both you and precious little Barrett. I pray that it is the kind of stone that can be zapped into very tiny pieces that you can pass with minimal pain. I also pray that they will get to you soon!!!I love y'all and am so sorry that you are having to go through this. When it is over, I bet you will feel like a million dollars.
Love,
Gmommy

Ann Hastings said...

Poor sweet little Barrett- we're still praying for him to get better... give him snuggles for us!!!
I am sorry to hear you're still in pain- we're anxious to hear what the doctor has to say tomorrow!
YEAH for Internet today!!!
Love you!

Rebecca said...

Glad your internet is finally going to be connected! We always make those appointments for the day we move in because I can't do without the Direct TV or the web!

I hope you all start feeling better soon! Waiting has got to be super frustrating.

Julie Little said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck. Praying for all of you this day...it's so hard to see your baby sick, and even harder when you feel awful too! Wish I could be there to help. Love you
Julie

Jamie said...

Bless your heart! I'm feeling horrible as I read of your pain! Apparently many didnt think about not having the freedom to get health care whenever they want when they voted, huh??? Praise God you could go see a dr! I agree and thats something we better keep praying for!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Praying, still! Keep taking that Vicodin. Sorry you're having to go through this when you could've been enjoying moving into your new house and getting settled. I guess that will come later. Love you!!!

JB