Monday, May 18, 2009

Note to Self

When at the grocery store, pay attention to the entire label of a product. Brody wanted pasta with chicken for dinner...and I wanted something quick to make. Since we desperately needed milk, we went to the store and I planned to get Pasta Roni and canned chicken (aka 15 minute dinner). The grocery store in TX is MUCH larger than our 5 aisle store in KS. It took me a while to find the canned stuff. I saw a can that said "Chicken of the Sea", assumed it was chicken and grabbed 2 cans. I was shocked when I opened the can and smelled tuna!! Maybe I subconsciously knew it was tuna because I also accidentally grabbed the Pasta Roni that says "just add tuna". I've never been a big fan of tuna mac...and this dish isn't smelling very good to me right now. I think I'll be putting on the "yumm! This is good!" fake attitude to get Brody to eat it. Who knows? Maybe he loves tuna mac!? We'll see.

The note to self? Chicken of the Sea is NOT chicken!

10 comments:

Wendi said...

haha.. that's funny. How was it?

Ginger said...

Don't feel bad Jessica Simpson thought Chicken of the Sea was chicken...LOL!!!!

Staci said...

Ginger - LOL! Thanks! That makes me feel REALLY smart! lol

Ledbetter Fam said...

David just asked me "Is she a Jessica Simpson fan?" So funny! I don't eat tuna, but I knew that Chicken of the Seas was tuna because David always buys it. Yuck!!! You're better than me. I would've started all over or forgone the dinner. OOOHHH!

JB

Rebecca said...

Ugh...I remember having tuna mac on trek, avoiding it the first year, and being forced to eat it the second because Dorothy told the guides that I didn't eat the first year. I was so mad at her with every gagging spoon full I took. I think I managed to eat my whole bowl in about 4 heaping spoons, and swallowed without much chewing.

RaeAnn said...

Lol! That's funny! I did think of the Jessica Simpson episode where she thought the same thing too!

Leave It To Davis said...

And you are a COLLEGE GRADUATE??? (we are in trouble, people!)

Karen said...

The first thing I thought of was Jessica Simpson when I was reading this. Hope it was edible!

Teri said...

Oh my how funny!! I purposely made our children (yes our children the notorious picky eaters) enduring tuna casserole this very weekend. They said the smell was the worst! how funny is that!

Ann Hastings said...

Haha- that's my favorite episode of the Newleyweds show... when Jessica Simpson was asking if Chicken of the Sea was really chicken... hehe- too funny :)