Saturday, May 09, 2009

Success

The surgery was a success! They wheeled me out of my room...and then I woke up in the recovery room. That was such a strange feeling to wake up not knowing where I was! I was wondering when they were going to get started with the surgery and found out they'd already done it! The kidney stone was softer than the dr expected and he was able to blast it into fine pieces. Yay! I got home yesterday and spent the afternoon/evening resting. There's been some pain off and on (probably as a result of the pieces moving from my kidney to my bladder), but it's NOTHING compared to labor. Of course, I have the memory of labor/delivery without any drugs...so maybe the nurse meant that it could hurt worse than labor with an epi? Either way, I'm very thankful that I haven't had the pain that some have described.

One of the hardest things to hear from the dr was the "after surgery limitations". Because my stone was a little higher than some, he doesn't want me lifting Brody or WORKING OUT (gasp) for at least the next 2 weeks (the kidney may be bruised and he doesn't want bleeding). I have a follow up appointment with the dr in 2 weeks and he'll let me know then if I can resume my exercise routine. I already haven't worked out for the past 2 weeks because of this stone. I'm sooooo ready to get back to the gym. I guess I'll have to wait just a little longer.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! Sooooo...since you can't workout, that means we'll get that picture explaining why the boys were sick?? :D

Anonymous said...

I thank God that your surgery was a success and they were able to blast the stone into tiny pieces. Take care of yourself and I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day.
Love you much,
Gmommy

Jamie said...

This is will be behind you now! Ya! I'm also waiting to hear about the fevers!!

paula said...

Your angst about not working out clearly indicates a serious addiction. Good for you!

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Just hoping this is not a new trick your kidney wants to repeat in this lifetime.

megan said...

I'm so glad that the surgery was a success and that you are not in a huge amount of pain! Praise God!