Monday, May 11, 2009

Things Brody said today...

"Mommy? When we get home can I work on your computer? I need to get online and see why Daddy's knee is hurting so I can help fix it!"


"Barrett, you little stinker! Don't fall asleep in the car!" (Barrett just looked at Brody and started laughing!)


While I was feeding Barrett in the other room I head Brody saying, "Daddy? Will you buy me a ladder like this for my birthday?" (I knew that Mike was using our 8 foot ladder to hang a fan and I was waiting for Mike's response. There wasn't one...he must have been focused on the fan.) "Daddy? Can you PLEASE buy me a ladder like this for my birthday? But wait for my birthday to give it to me. Okay? Okay Daddy? Wait for my birthday." Mike replied with, "I'll probably wait for another 20 birthdays. Maybe I'll buy one of these for you when you move into a house of your own some day."


"Mommy, I'll come back and finish these strawberries. I need to go poop!" As he was walking towards the bathroom he's still talking to me, "I'm sorry Mommy. It started to come out in my pants. I'm sorry!" I followed him to the bathroom (expecting a mess). There was nothing in his pants. I said, "Brody, you didn't poop in your pants?!" He said, "No, it started to come out but I stopped it." Then as he was climbing on the potty he was saying, "Hold on poop! Wait for me to get on the potty first!!!"


Brody - "Mommy? Can you come outside and help me find my bug?"
Me - "What bug?"
Brody - "You know, the kind that you roll up in a ball? It went down in the crack of the sidewalk and I can't reach it!"
Me - "There are plenty of other rolly pollies out there. Go get one of them."
Brody - "Oh! So my rolly polly was looking for one of his friends? I'll just follow him!"


While watching Dancing with the Stars, "Mommy? Will you please come dance with me and spin around and around? Let's go to your bedroom where there's lots of room and soft carpet!" Who could say no to that?! Not me! We danced until it was time to go to bed.

10 comments:

paula said...

I like the rolly pollie one best.

Need more pictures of your house... maybe some before/after shots of some of your fixit projects. Can't wait to see it all.

RaeAnn said...

I love kids' conversations! So cute!

Jamie said...

Aww! I smiled on every one of them! I love it when Corey comes home and I tell him ALL Kori's funny things she has said!!

Mom said...

Keep writing those things down so you won't forget them -- so precious.

The other day I told him I needed to mow. He said, "Can girls mow?"

Ann Hastings said...

HAHA- I needed to start my day with Brody quotes, thanks for sharing! I love his personality!
I hope you're all feeling better- love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these. I laughed out loud at everyone of them.
Love,
Gmommy

Steve and Joan said...

I love talking to Brody and Barrett. Brody really has a command of the English language for a 2 year old. Barrett doesn't know many words but he says everything with confidence - even if it sounds the same for everything he tries to say!

Daddy Steve

suzspeaks said...

so sweet!!! He makes me laugh!

Grammy said...

Aaah,to be that young - you just
have to smile!!

Leave It To Davis said...

You are going to be soooo glad you wrote all this down someday. I wish I could get Ginger to do the same....guess I am going to have to start keeping a diary for McKenna.