Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ann's Big Surprise!

We had a fun Memorial Day this year. It was Mike's first time to venture out since his surgery. We had breakfast with Billy & Paula's family (and our family) at Daddy Steve and Namaw's house (pictures to come tomorrow when I can post some of the pics from Daddy Steve's camera). Mike sat on the couch icing his knee the entire time we were there. Around noon Tyler and Ann left for the Rangers vs. Yankees game (this was Ann's birthday present from Tyler...she's a big Yankees fan). What Ann didn't know was that Caleb, Audria, Lauren, Morgan, Mike, and I were going to meet them at the game. She was surprised and excited when we arrived!

It was a fun game...if you're a Yankees fan! The Rangers played TERRIBLE! They didn't even score until the 9th inning! I thought the star on the infield was pretty cool. I need to send a picture of it to Junior to give him an idea of a cool design for a state all-star game.

Being at a baseball game made me think about working for the rec commission...especially when they guys came out to rake the dirt! Of course, the guys that take care of the fields for the LRC are a little bit younger than these guys.

Thankfully there was an empty seat (a God thing at a sold out game) in front of us so Mike was able to prop up his leg. Even with propping it up, it was REALLY swollen by the time we headed home.

Ann was the only one excited about the outcome of the game. Rangers ONE - Yankees ELEVEN!

Mike, Staci, Audria, Caleb, Ann, Tyler

As we were leaving I noticed Ann looking for "somewhat" clean souvenir cups to take home. I bet she left with at least 10!

On our way to the car we stopped to take a picture of Caleb & Audria with both the Ballpark at Arlington and the new Cowboys Stadium in the background!

We stopped for dinner with Caleb and Audria at a little Italian Pizzeria for a yummy dinner. We had so much fun at the game, but I think Mike paid a big price for being on his feet for that long. He had a fever last night and this morning and even his hands were swollen! After working from home today (and his first physical therapy appointment), both the fever and the swelling have gone down. I think he's planning on going back to the office tomorrow.

5 comments:

Mom said...

I am glad y'all had a fun time and were able to surprise Ann!

Ann Hastings said...

Thanks SO much for the wonderful day- it truly was a great suprise!!! Will you email me those pictures too (please) I'll add them to our vacation pics :)
I can't believe you "caught" me in action picking up the left behind cups- classic!!!
LOVE Y'ALL

RaeAnn said...

GO YANKEES!

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

looks like y'all had fun. kyle does the same thing as ann at sporting events to collect cups for free!

Teri said...

Looks like a fun time, and I'm glad Mike was OK.