Saturday, May 12, 2007

Roseola

Have you ever heard of Roseola? I never had! Brody had a fever Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. We thought it was because a tooth was about to break thru. The fever was pretty high (102.6) and we were confused when it went away and he still didn't have any teeth. He didn't act sick at all...so we didn't know what to think. Friday night I went on the Ladies Retreat with church and while I was gone he broke out in a bad rash! It wasn't until I got home on Saturday afternoon and called Mom (who was in Temple) that we found out what the rash was.

Cindy was at Daddy Ken and Grandmommy's when I was talking to Mom and she recognized the pictures of the rash immediately as Roseola. Information online says that it occurs in children under the age of 3 and begins with a high fever. After the fever goes away a rash suddenly appears. It's a viral infection and the rash should go away in a day or two. After I got off the phone with Mom, I had emails from my cousin Julie and Juli Beth (who are both RN's) giving me the same diagnosis. Gotta love technology!

Here are a few pictures of his rash:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Brody is ill. But when Joan told me about the rash, the first thing I told her was Roseola. I have seen too many children with it. Hope it is gone by tomorrow. I am sure it is not measles. Children are rather ill with measles most of the time. Glad you had a good first Mother's Day.It looks as if Mike treated you like a queen today. Glad you had a great day.

MerrittTimes said...

Kaylen had it at 5 months. It is harmless but totally freaks you out.

RaeAnn said...

I'm glad you could find out what it was so quickly on a weekend! Thanks goodness for family members in the medical field!