Saturday, May 16, 2009

Kitchen Table Woes

Yesterday our kitchen table was delivered. Brody was SUPER excited! He watched every move the delivery guys made and then helped me inspect the table and chairs. We were both disappointed when we found a gouge in the wood on the side of the table top. The delivery guy made a call, informed me that a new top would be delivered later that afternoon, and then took the bad table top with him. I shut the front door behind the delivery guy and turned around to see my son standing in the hall with a sorrowful look on his face. His lip curled down and he said, "I thought we were getting a table so we can eat in the kitchen?!?" I told him that it was messed up and that they'd be bringing us a new one later in the day. "But I wanted a kitchen table! I really wanted one!" With that he ran to my bedroom, threw himself on my bed, and began to sob about wanting a table to eat at (yes, I took a picture...but I really tried not to laugh).
After cuddling for a little while, I got him to come back to the kitchen to see that we still had new chairs to sit in. Once Brody realized that he fit in the cabinet in the bottom of the table base, all of the tears were forgotten! Now he likes to hide down there and "surprise" Daddy when he gets home from work!
This morning he was sooooo happy when he got to eat breakfast in the kitchen...on a table!!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love the new table! Brody looks so happy in the last picture!

Jamie said...

What a beautiful table!

Leave It To Davis said...

MY! I LOVE the way your table is surrounded by windows! That is so cool.....I love opening up our blinds and watching nature while I eat.....you will, too!

Teri said...

Funny story and very cool table!