Monday, May 21, 2007

Yummy Sunday

Yesterday we celebrated Mother's Day with Mike's mom after church. We went over to her house and made a big lunch for her. I guess I should say that Mike made lunch for both of us :) It was sooooo yummy! I even took a picture of it (minus the spinach salad). I'm sure Dad and Ann will love that I took a picture of the food ;) We had shrimp alfredo with tortellini and mussels. He also made brushetta and spinach salad. I was in charge of dessert. We had ice cream with Butterfinger candy bars! lol. Wonder who the chef is in our family?
Brody thought the food looked good too! I think he begged a few bites from Grammy.
After lunch we headed over to the park. Brody really enjoyed swinging in the swing!
Mike had fun at the park too! I don't think this was made for an adult to ride!
Brody thought the tunnel was exciting!
Mike took Brody to the top of the big slide and went down with Brody in his lap. You can see how much he loved the wind blowing in his hair!
Brody loves being outside!


After the park we drove towards Macksville. The tornado that went thru Greensburg, KS also went thru this area. Here are a few pictures of the debris it left behind.
I'm not a farmer...but I don't think that they want the tires for their irrigation systems to be pointing straight up in the air!!!
Here's a view from our car of some of the trees that were stripped and knocked over!

8 comments:

RaeAnn said...

That makes me hungary! Looks like you all had a good time! The pictures you took near Macksvillle look bad, I can't imagine what Greensburg looks like.

Anonymous said...

Brody probably had the best Mother's Day of all. I really enjoy pictures seeing all the nice things you do for him and see all those big smiles. I know Nancy had a great day. That meal looked delicious. You are lucky to have a chef that prepares such good meals. I remember that delicious turkey he baked one Christmas. It thrills me to see pictures of such a happy family, and how lucky Brody is to have parents like you and Mike.

Anonymous said...

That dinner looked really good!

Ann Hastings said...

That dinner looked amazing, if Mike needs a job down here maybe we can recruit him to be a chef at the Hilton :)
I am glad y'all had fun!

RyAnn said...

That lunch looks so yummy!! I love the pics at the park. Brody looks SO cute, and Mike looked like he was having fun too!

Steve and Joan said...

I love the photo of Brody in the orange tunnel at the park! Thank you for sharing that wonderful moment with us!

Dad

Jamie said...

Staci I need this recipe. It looks delicious!

Rebecca said...

Looks like Mike is a really good cook. Brody looked like he had a blast at the park. I can't wait to take my own kids to the park!